Friday, February 4, 2011

Consultation with Book Doctor, David Sterry

I enjoyed my conversation with David Sterry yesterday. He was very accommodating and provided some extraordinarily insightful comments regarding my pitch AND possibilities for my fiction manuscript.

I agreed to send a copy of my manuscript to him after completing Revision Six. I believe my story is still a little flat in places and in need of yet another edit. Writing is hard work, in case anyone has any doubts.

David is an actor with an amazing list of credits. He is also an author of 12 books whose most recent book made the cover of the Sunday New York Times Book Review. His wife, Arielle Eckstut, is an agent at large with the Levine Greenberg Agency, author of 7 books and successful co-founder of Little Miss Matched.

I have read their book, The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published. It is a comprehensive manual for aspiring authors with answers to many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment